Sustana stands for high-quality products, sustainable manufacturing operations and responsible business practices.
Sustana has full control over the recycled fiber production, papermaking and converting processes. This provides superior quality assurance – and consistently sustainable manufacturing operations. Our production processes focus on minimizing water usage, energy usage, and waste.
We strike a responsible balance between minimizing our environmental impact, and maximizing product performance.
Our premium white, recycled fibers are available as Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) Recycled, certified as 100% post-consumer content.
- This content is a renewable, readily available resource that displaces virgin fiber and reduces landfill waste. And we have the capacity to supply recycled paper mills across North America.
- Using one thousand tons of our 100% post- consumer recycled fiber products saves the equivalent of:
- 17,000 trees
Our Rolland premium uncoated papers are made with 30% to 100% post-consumer content, using FSC Recycled fiber from our state-of-the-art recycled fiber production operations.
- We use virgin fiber sourced from responsibly managed forests that meet strict environmental and social standards.
- Rolland also has FSC Chain of Custody certification a consumer guarantee that any product with the FSC label can be tracked back to an FSC certified source. - Using one thousand tons of one of our 100% post-consumer recycled products, like Rolland Enviro® Print, saves the equivalent of:
- 17,000 trees
- 16,339,000 gallons of water
- 5,512,000 pounds of greenhouse gas emissions
- 1,678,000 pounds of solid waste
Bottom line for customers: Our commitment to truly sustainable manufacturing operations and responsible business practices provides significant added value, beyond product quality.
We quantify our environmental impact, and help you calculate yours.
A comprehensive lifecycle assessment (LCA) conducted by third-party consultants scientifically evaluated the environmental impact of Rolland papers, from raw materials to disposal, compared to the average virgin and recycled papers in North America. The LCA shows the Rolland Enviro product line has a smaller environmental footprint than the average papers in the study.
Use our Eco-calculator to know the specific environmental impacts of using Rolland papers, compared to the average for the North American industry.